These are new ones. The one at the bottom was taken this year and posted by her owner on Facebook just a few weeks ago - how's that for the Cheer Up Challenge!!! It gives me warm fuzzies to know she's still on the water.
She's still called the Riptide, or rather she's now called the Riptide - she was called the SouthWind at the time of filming. (Obsessed much? Go me...)
Dude, I hang around the IMDB boards and answer questions about her. (Does anyone know what kind of boat it was? Hello, Google calling.)
I found her on the SoCal yacht club site and she was still Southwind, but that hadn't been updated for a few years. There's no good place for her here, but Herr says we could move to Cali. So all I'd need is Nick to carry me aboard. *happy sigh*
She's a member of the Southern California fleet, there's about 30 pics of her in the galleries, her owner's the fleet commander or something (I haven't stalked it apart from the pics for a few months and I think they had an election-thingy coming up... it's all fun and games when you're obsessed tightly focused...
Lovely! Keep stalking that one... it seems her owners have recently learned to use teh interweb. The pics are coming much thicker and faster than they used to...
Oh, she really is stunningly beautiful. I didn't know she was called the SouthWind, that's quite nice too. I can't even imagine owning the Riptide, that's just too much thought for my brain to cope with. VERY CHEERING PICTURES INDEED YES:):):):):):)
It is indeed cheering to know she's still around and going strong. And that she's still/again called the Riptide. Thanks for posting the pics, sweetie!
Isn't she *gorgeous*! It's a pity there wasn't enough room onboard for the guys to film there more often. OTOH, Joe Penny apparently liked it better that way. Poor guy!
(no subject)
Date: 2009-09-03 10:30 am (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2009-09-03 11:52 am (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2009-09-03 11:55 am (UTC)What Facebook page? And what's she called now? I need to keep track of these things so I can buy her one day. :)
(no subject)
Date: 2009-09-03 12:01 pm (UTC)The Riptide page on there: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Riptide/30557864581
She's still called the Riptide, or rather she's now called the Riptide - she was called the SouthWind at the time of filming. (Obsessed much? Go me...)
(no subject)
Date: 2009-09-03 12:23 pm (UTC)I found her on the SoCal yacht club site and she was still Southwind, but that hadn't been updated for a few years. There's no good place for her here, but Herr says we could move to Cali. So all I'd need is Nick to carry me aboard. *happy sigh*
And you'd all be invited for the boatwarming. :)
(no subject)
Date: 2009-09-03 12:30 pm (UTC)Look over here, my love: http://www.classicyacht.org/
She's a member of the Southern California fleet, there's about 30 pics of her in the galleries, her owner's the fleet commander or something (I haven't stalked it apart from the pics for a few months and I think they had an election-thingy coming up... it's all fun and games when you're
obsessedtightly focused...I'll so be there for the boat warming...
(no subject)
Date: 2009-09-03 12:43 pm (UTC)obessivenesstight focus. I mean, it's MY BOAT! (Sort of.)*hugs*
(no subject)
Date: 2009-09-03 12:47 pm (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2009-09-03 11:56 am (UTC)~ sera
(no subject)
Date: 2009-09-03 12:02 pm (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2009-09-03 01:40 pm (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2009-09-04 12:55 am (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2009-09-03 02:32 pm (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2009-09-04 12:56 am (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2009-09-03 04:55 pm (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2009-09-04 12:56 am (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2009-09-03 06:53 pm (UTC)Beth
(no subject)
Date: 2009-09-04 12:56 am (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2009-09-03 11:08 pm (UTC)They've done an amazing job restoring her.
(no subject)
Date: 2009-09-04 12:57 am (UTC)They so have :)