[identity profile] valis2.livejournal.com posting in [community profile] pier56
Find part one here

OMG MIMI! In an effort to include more Mimi in the ep (I approve!), Nick flies everyone to the brain trust building so Miss Kramuh can visit her office and retrieve some paperwork. Technically this is most likely because the Woody is on the brink of toast, and the 'Vette would be impractical.
MIMI

Nicky the pilot is totally hot. Nick: Y'know, I'm not taking any more grief about my chopper after we lost our only lead because your car doesn't understand third gear.
Nicky the pilot

Cody the not-so-pilot is totally hot. Is it weird that I noticed that the co-pilot's harness looks a lot less weathered than the pilot's harness? Maybe Cody didn't want to get any of his white sweaters dirty so Nick bought a new harness for him. Um. I'm short-circuiting because I just used "harness" and "Nick" and "Cody" in the same sentence.
Cody the hot not so pilot

Murray and the GotW are languishing in Purgatory--er, the cargo hold with the Roboz.
Murray and the GotW

I included this cap because of Nick's arm. And Nick's hand. It's. Uh. Rather suggestive.
Nick's arm

Nick's hotness has not diminished since the last cap, even though his glasses are on crooked. I had to eliminate a few shots because he looked a little silly. Also, I want to know what the switches behind his head do.
Nick is still hot

Natalie shows a clue that the hitman dropped at Danny's house. Nick: Probably a geometry problem. Cody: Yeah, with our luck, it's the same one you had to cheat to get the answer for.
The mysterious clue

All three posteriors in one shot! Murray looks good in this outfit. Oh, and surprisingly enough, Cody hasn't changed sweaters.
Posteriors

Even surrounded with science, Nick is still hot.
Nick is blinded with science

Apparently "Imagination!" works here. That's what the nameplate says, at least. Anyway, Cody and Murray start going through stuff in the computer, which Murray proclaims as "really boss!" Like Imagination! would have anything less than boss.
Imagination works here!

Nick and the GotW go off to the next room to grab her paperwork. GotW refuses to talk to him, so he starts making up her side of the conversation, lol. Also, I guess her big meeting where she was the guy in charge was cancelled.
Hey, lady

GotW is pissy, accuses him of using people (well, Murray), and Nick pulls out the pointy finger of pointiness. Nick: I'm a damned good helicopter pilot. Helicopters are not easy to fly. I even had to learn math to do it.
Pointy finger of pointiness

GotW says that he was nice to her in high school, which was the very worst thing possible, because he ended up dating a really hot girl instead of her. Seriously, I totally understand this. Had a gorgeous guy made me laugh and talked to me, I would have been totally the same way when he started dating someone hot instead. Um, I suppose that this should have been a cap of her. Sorry.
Nick is hot

Nick turns on the charm, as you can see. I had to include this because...guh. Hand. Fantastic.
Guh.  hand.

Nick is still charming her socks off. But then they're interrupted by Cody capslocking. NICK!!!
Nick is really hot

They both rush to Imagination!'s cubicle. Apparently Cody wandered off to the nearby telescope and, while playing Mr. Voyeur, saw the hitman in the building across the street.
Nick is thinking about Cody

See? Hitman.
The hitman

GotW mentions that she saw the hitman and thought he looked like Brad Pitt--er, that he was cute, and that the hitman saw the three brain trusters through his telescope a week ago. The boys figure out that this is why they've been targeted. Not because the hitman wants to kill all the smrt people in America. Just wanted to mention that. Um, I also want to point out that the other partner was killed a week ago. So the hitman has been staying in this hotel room for over a week in preparation for this hit? Seems a little strange. Anyway, they notice that the hitman is packing like he's leaving, and they all take off for the hotel across the street.
Nick talks with his hands

Murray and the Roboz will cover the front entrance, Natalie is supposed to hide, and Nick and Cody try to go through a door nearly simultaneously. No, really. Just look at the position of their legs. They couldn't be closer, as usual.
Going through the door together

Nick takes the stairs. I will not reveal how many times I watched this next pair of sequences (stairs/elevator, Nick/Cody on the stairs). I will only say that it was in excess of twenty. Or maybe forty. Could be sixty.
Nick up the stairs

Cody takes the elevator. It's actually a cute sequence; the elevator stops at floor after floor, people disembark slowly, the doors reopen at one point, it's all very frustrating for poor Cody.
Cody on the elevator

Cody is still in the elevator. The hitman is clever and knocks someone in Cody's way, which means that Cody is delayed while the hitman goes for the stairs. And then the hitman runs into Nick on the stairs and knocks him down in just two blows. Later Cody tells him: I don't know, Nick, a few kicks and yells--I think you should have had him, pal.
Cody sees the hitman

This is my favorite sequence. I've tried to capture the best shots, but I'm sure others have taken better. Not only do I like the hotness, but I love the h/c feel--just look at Cody's hand on Nick's ribs at points. Awesome.
Nick and Cody.

Guh.

Guh.

Guh.

Guh.

Guh.

When Nick and Cody finally get down to the street level, they find that the hitman has stolen GotW and knocked Murray down. Clearly GotW's hiding place really sucked. Also, whoever is remote controlling the Roboz prop is having a field day with this, making the Roboz go around in a circle while also rotating his hands. There must have been 234523465246 takes. The Roboz isn't that steady, and sidewalks are almost never even.
The boys

Meanwhile, a parade has spontaneously formed and wasted a lot of footage on clowns that none of us care about.
Parade banner

The senator is out working the crowd.
The senator presses the flesh

Quinlan is bored. He doesn't like clowns.
Quinlan rocks

Murray: I'm going to take this piece of paper that Natalie and I found, and I'm going to put it into the computer. Handy, that. I'd love to know how, exactly, that was accomplished--and in seven seconds, no less. Also, Cody's posterior.
Cody's posterior

The computer offers several explanations for the clue, surprisingly enough. Temperature gauge, city map, triangular graph, comp. analysis grid.
The boys

They notice that the Roboz is hung up on a plot point--er, something on the windowframe.
Nick is hot

Nick's hand is hot, and it points out a gun rest.
Nick's hand is hot

The rest of Nick is hot, too, and it realizes that the hitman is going to kill Senator Billings.
Nick is still hot

Meanwhile, at Imagination!'s desk, GotW is trying to IM Murray. "OMG, HITMAN =/= BRAD PITT, SO LAME, LATERZ" Also, I am also fascinated by what is behind her. What the hell is that thing? Only Imagination! knows, I guess.
What the hell is that?

OMG NATALIE SENT A LOLCAT ROFL. Er, I mean, they get GotW's message that she's pwning Imagination!'s paperclips in the brain trust office. Nick figures it out, by the way. He's so smrt!
OMG A LOLCAT

Murray wants to do something and they tell him to cover the exits. He grabs Roboz and his laptop and takes off. The boys head for Mimi.
Murray

Cody looks pensive and pretty.
Cody is pretty

Nick's hot. I want to know how the hell he didn't lose his license for what he does next, btw.
Nick is a pretty pilot

MIMI!
MIMI

The hitman's shot is spoiled by the Mimi. When I think how close Mimi would have to get for this to work...
Foiled

Just had to point out this cop's random pr0nstache. Also, Husband claims that this screencap captures the essential character of Lt Quinlan, lol.
Another stache

Nick: This is the voice of Nick. Cody is mine. All you psycho hose beasts stay away. If the Riptide is rockin', don't come a-knockin'. Uh, wait, I mean, there's an assassin, and watch out, Billings.
The voice of Nick

The boys team up to take on the hitman, who is trying to escape with GotW. Also, as Nick is punching him at the end, there are two grunts layered together for each hit. Is Nick making a noise as he punches him? Weird.
Tag team

He is no match for the boys, united! Nick: I told you we do more than buy donuts.
A job well done.

The Riptide is love.
The Riptide is love.

They all walk down the pier toward Straightaway's.
All together now

Cody doesn't sit next to Nick for once.
Cody & Murray

Nick is absolutely delicious. He also starts trying to figure out the pi joke again, which GotW knows, even though she wasn't around when it was told. Well, maybe it's popular at all the High-Q meetings.
Nick is hot

Nick implies again that Cody has no idea what the joke means. Nick tells the waitress the pi joke (the waitress is not shown, sorry, forgot to cap her). She laughs as if he's just told the Funniest Joke Ever. It's actually kind of excessive and strange.
Nick and Cody

Nick: C'mon, gimme a break! You don't get that! You're lying, it's a setup, man, she doesn't get it at all!
Nick is really hot

Cody & Murray think Nick is hilarious.
Cody & Murray laughing

The episode ends with Nick saying that it's a dumb joke. Does it matter? He's hot.
Um.  Nick.  Hot.

For those of you keeping score:

Cody eating Nick's food
Cody in the teal shirt
Cody in white pants
Nick snacking
Cody diving in the water to save someone
Nick licks his fingers
Appearance of the short-lived Woody
Cody grabs Nick when shooting starts
Nick as backseat driver
Nick chases after a car (but does not jump on)
Nick solves something with a chopper
Cody picks Nick up
Pointless and endless shots of clowns
Delicious stairwell scene with h/c overtones
Murray's computer nearly solves something it couldn't possibly solve

(no subject)

Date: 2008-12-07 09:42 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] oddmonster.livejournal.com
I'm short-circuiting because I just used "harness" and "Nick" and "Cody" in the same sentence.
So I'd best not write any more climbing fic, that's for sure.

Nick turns on the charm, as you can see. I had to include this because...guh. Hand.
You were so right about the hand.

Nick is still charming her socks off. But then they're interrupted by Cody capslocking. NICK!!!
He felt a disturbance in the force.

I will not reveal how many times I watched this next pair of sequences (stairs/elevator, Nick/Cody on the stairs). I will only say that it was in excess of twenty. Or maybe forty. Could be sixty.
Way to take one for the team, kid.

Guh. Stairwell.


Meanwhile, a parade has spontaneously formed and wasted a lot of footage on clowns that none of us care about.

Can I tell you how many times that's happened to me?

Nick: This is the voice of Nick. Cody is mine. All you psycho hose beasts stay away. If the Riptide is rockin', don't come a-knockin'. Uh, wait, I mean, there's an assassin, and watch out, Billings.
omg, awesome. Awesome awesome awesome.



(no subject)

Date: 2008-12-08 01:40 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] oddmonster.livejournal.com
Yes. Exactly. HOMG. Absolutely delicious. Hands wrapped around wrists and ribs and...guh.

Yeah, there's a reason, I think, that pretty much everyone knows what you're talking about when you say "the stairwell sequence".


You ought to have that looked at. Must be embarrassing when you're in intimate situations.


You have no idea. I wonder if there's anything like Clownoff or Paradeaway I could use? If not, someone needs to invent some and sell it via latenight infomercial.

(no subject)

Date: 2008-12-07 10:44 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] mcsheplovers.livejournal.com
Awesome recap!

There's a point when they're all in the Mimi when the GoTW says, "Couldn't we have just driven? I only have to pick up some papers, we're not going to be moving furniture!" Bwahahahaha! That always cracks me up. I'm easily entertained, but still, I find that funny. Silly lady.....doesn't she know how many people would jump at the chance to catch a ride on the Mimi with the boys?

Stairwell scene. Nick's got his hands all over Cody, as if he's trying to comfort Cody and not the other way around. Love it.

That thing behind the GoTW looks sort of like an ancient-style microscope. It's either that, or some kind of deep-sea fishing/scuba diving equipment.

Love the pictures of the three of them on the bed.

I agree, the parade and clown footage is useless/frightening/frustrating/boring etc. The only thing that saves that scene is Quinlan's disgusted face---clowns indeed! The man has no time for clowns or parades! Love him.

Beth

(no subject)

Date: 2008-12-08 01:27 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] oddmonster.livejournal.com

Stairwell scene. Nick's got his hands all over Cody, as if he's trying to comfort Cody and not the other way around. Love it.


Bingo, Beth. Bingo.

(no subject)

Date: 2008-12-08 12:50 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] rabidsamfan.livejournal.com
I don't think its possible for you to have too many screencaps of these episodes, really....

*wanders back through, looking for Murray*

(no subject)

Date: 2008-12-08 06:06 pm (UTC)
seraphina_snape: Parker from the TV show Leverage. She is wearing a white shirt and is smiling. (Riptide_ Nick&Cody animated)
From: [personal profile] seraphina_snape
Um. I'm short-circuiting because I just used "harness" and "Nick" and "Cody" in the same sentence.
Hmm. Fanfic, anyone? Please?

Apparently Cody wandered off to the nearby telescope and, while playing Mr. Voyeur, saw the hitman in the building across the street.
I will blame you for any voyeur!kink fic I might write in the future. Just saying.

This is my favorite sequence. I've tried to capture the best shots, but I'm sure others have taken better. Not only do I like the hotness, but I love the h/c feel--just look at Cody's hand on Nick's ribs at points. Awesome.
I'm sure it's a fandom favourite. I swear, if there wasn't a hitman on the loose, they'd be in the nearest utility closet, having hot "need to see with my own eyes (hands) that you're okay" sex.

Quinlan is bored. He doesn't like clowns.
You mean people like clowns? Like who? Everybody I know is vaguely creeped out by clowns.

Murray wants to do something and they tell him to cover the exits. He grabs Roboz and his laptop and takes off. The boys head for Mimi.
I love Murray's pissed off "you never let me do anything fun!" face.

Cody & Murray think Nick is hilarious.
Murray is so adorable.

~ sera

(no subject)

Date: 2008-12-08 08:47 pm (UTC)
seraphina_snape: Parker from the TV show Leverage. She is wearing a white shirt and is smiling. (Riptide_ Nick&Cody)
From: [personal profile] seraphina_snape
Yes, there is still a group of people who like clowns--people who dress up as clowns.
Do you know that joke about Bozo the Clown? A man goes to the doctor, saying "Doctor, Doctor, I'm so horribly depressed. I'm not sure I want to live any more." And the doctor thinks for a moment and then says, "Well, you know what? The circus is in town, and Bozo the Clown in performing tonight. You should go; it'll cheer you up." And the man gives the doctor a sad look and says, "That's not gonna work, Doctor. I *am* Bozo the Clown."

I like his haircut in s2 better, but he really does have some adorable expressions here. :)
Murray is always so sweet. I like his hair better in s2 as well.

~ sera

(no subject)

Date: 2008-12-14 07:54 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] jc-robnett.livejournal.com
I absolutely adored the stairwell episode. Even back then when I was 21, and into buddy h/c stories (Not slash at that time, had no idea such a thing existed. Seriously. I lived a sheltered life. Thank the Goddess I've broken free from such a hideous mind set!!), I videotaped this as I thought, "Cool! Another buddy show like Starsky and Hutch!" And that stairwell scene...Hon, I rewound that scene mega millions of times and still could not get enough. Even paused it at the exact same spots you capped. I recognized every detail. Ahhhhh, memories. I've saved the caps to my computer to look at again and again and again. Also, I split a gut laughing so hard at your captions. Especially when Nick is speaking through his chopper speaker and saying that Cody 'is mine'!! I love it! Can't wait to see more of what you come up with!
Take care and thanks for my making my Sunday!
Hugs,
Myristica

(no subject)

Date: 2009-08-27 10:30 pm (UTC)
tinx_r: (riptide)
From: [personal profile] tinx_r
Evidently I was dead or something when you posted this babe! Just read it and loving it so much.

I LOVE the Natalie sent a LOLCAT snort snort snort!

The stairwell sequence is, in fact, one of the best on record. I need to immediately go watch this ep again...

Nick: Probably a geometry problem. Cody: Yeah, with our luck, it's the same one you had to cheat to get the answer for.
That is so cute. They are so so married. Lovelovelove.

Nick's hot. I want to know how the hell he didn't lose his license for what he does next, btw.
See the first part of your statement. In the World According to Steve, there are different rules for *hot* pilots. Especially when their names are Nick Ryder. FAA: Wait, we'd normally suspend you, but you score a perfect 10 on the Riptide Scale of Hotness. Case dismissed!

Nick chases after a car (but does not jump on)
That was good for Cody's bloodpressure... :D

Profile

pier56: (Default)
Riptide - Slash it any way you like it

May 2021

S M T W T F S
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16 171819 202122
232425 26272829
3031     

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags