[identity profile] valis2.livejournal.com posting in [community profile] pier56
There were so many pretty shots in this episode, it was hard to narrow them down. About 170, so I had to take an alternate route this time. I've picked the best ones to be midsize or large, and there are thumbnails of alternate shots and shots not featuring the boys. The picture quality for this episode wasn't terrific--a lot of the shots were really dark, but I've done what I can with the caps to make them look better.

As always, click to embiggen the smaller shots.

Pier 56, hooray! So the episode opens with the premise that the Pier 56 Burglar is on the loose, stealing everything that's not nailed down, and the Riptide Detective Agency has been hired by the Pier 56 Association to catch him. Murray has set up surveillance equipment around the pier to try to catch the thief in the act.
Riptide

The boys are watching each other--er, the monitors. Murray asks Nick if he's seen anything on the "optical scanner." Nick: Why don't you just say TV? It's not an optical scanner, Captain Kirk. LOL.
Watching each other--er, the monitors.

Roboz lends a little atmosphere while Murray angsts about being a geek. Murray wants to contribute more to the agency. He feels like he's not pulling his share.
Roboz.

Cody comforts Murray. Cody: The whole secret of our operation here is diversity. Your technical knowhow, my personal charm, and Nick's stubborn insensitivity. Nick: You tell him, guy.
Murray/Cody.

Murray decides he's going to beef up. Hence the giggling Nick.
Giggling Nick.

Then the boys catch an up close look at the burglar--he's stealing the cameras! And here are the boys running after him. Cody looks strange because he just jumped over a trash can.
The boys running.

The boys all try to thwart the thief. Nick ends up jumping in the water to save Murray's camera, Cody gets knocked down but manages to nick the thief's glove, and then Murray gets knocked down. The thief gets away in a Boston Whaler, which is a very good boat, by the way.
Whaler.

The crowd on the pier wants answers. Mama Jo and Frank and Paul and the rest of the geriatric association watched them all get knocked on their posteriors by the thief, and were not impressed with what they saw. I am, because I'm looking directly at Cody's posterior.
Cody's posterior

Cody spins a story about the glove and how it will totally crack the case wide open. Uh, because they're going to use fiber optics. *giggles*
The glove!

Pointy fingers! Nick and Murray back up Cody.
Pointy fingers

Murray is confused about the fiber optics and starts to say so. Cody grabs him and hides him behind him.
Murray is confusedCody spins a story

Nick is hot with a capital hot.
Nick is hot.  and wet.

Cody's story doesn't help much. The association wants the thief caught by that time the next day. Paul, in particular, is totally unamused.
Frank is not convinced.

I'm not going to distract you with any chatter here. Just enjoy. Um, just as an aside, I am thinking at this point that it's pretty much canon that Cody has a large monster in his pants. Or at the very least, above average.
The beginning of guh.

Guh.guh.guhgugomg.

I have to point out one thing. I love how Cody is so obsessed with boats. When Murray wonders how they're going to analyze the glove, Cody basically says he was just trying to "buy time," adding We were taking on water. hee! Very cute. Anyway, Murray is telling the guys here that he is going to start his physical training, and watch out, world!
Murray is suave

Nick is not impressed. Boy, his eyes look dark, like he's smeared them with kohl or something. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. Evokes images of silk pants and golden handcuffs. Oops, did I type that out loud?
Nick is not impressed.

Cody is impressed. Well, of course he is. Look at what he's looking at.
However, Cody is impressed.

Um. I have to admit, I'm impressed, too.
I am impressed.

Okay, next morning, Murray drinks orange juice and raw eggs (eeewww) and starts off for a morning run, accompanied by the Chariots of Fire soundtrack. It's rather cute and funny. Of course, because I'm so strangely obsessed with strange things, I can't help but keep looking at that sign and wondering what the hell it is. What is it you're not supposed to do on the pier? Vacuum?
Sign of bewilderment.

Murray's cute knobbly knees!
Murray's knees

*sings* "Ohhhhhhh, she's a little runaway...daddy's girl runs fast, all those things he couldn't say..." So this girl is asleep on the pier, and Murray runs past, and he starts to get stomach cramps and stops. She asks if he's okay, and he sits down with her to rest for a moment. He tells her I live for danger.
*sings*

Murray also reveals that he lives on the Riptide. Coincidentally, she's looking for the Riptide Detective Agency. Her name is Allison London, she wants to hire them, and this makes her the GotW. Murray invites her to the boat for breakfast because he's incredibly sweet. Just as an aside, would you really hire a detective agency whose home base was a boat? Well, without seeing how hot they were. If I looked them up in the phone book and saw the address was a slip at the pier, I might be a little skeptical, y'know.
Murray is a sweetheart

The galley! GotW wants to hire them to find her boyfriend's killer. Cody pulls out his little notebook and begins writing stuff down. Turns out she found them by basically closing her eyes and pointing at the phone book. Her description of the case starts out sounding fairly normal, but then takes a side route into Weirdsville when she reveals that she was the primary suspect, and that she has been in a mental hospital for three years, because she pleaded guilty by reason of insanity.
Galley!!

On a side note, are these really her hands? I mean, she's so cute, but they look a little...worn.
Are those really her hands?Cute girl

The boys start to realize that this might not be the most stable client.
Uh, something is off

Nick, especially, is suspicious.
Nick is starting to worried

Even Murray is starting to wonder.
Murray is wondering about her

Oh, I guess those really are her hands.
Girl with a knife

This is Cody looking at Nick.
Cody looking at Nick

This is Nick looking at Cody. Any questions?
Nick looking at Cody

Yep. These shots pretty much say it all.
Nick looking at CodyCody looking at Nick

Nick is trying to understand the case further. GotW mentions that she was found standing over her dead boyfriend's dismembered body, and Nick tries to get the boys to talk about this topside, and she gets very emo (but does not cry) and says she just wants to know who actually killed her boyfriend--if it was her or not. I, of course, am just staring at Nick's arm.
Nick is trying to be sweet, but I'm just staring at his bicep

She tells them that she can't seem to cry anymore.
Murray is prettyCody is pretty

Again, Nick says the boys need to discuss this up top. He touches her like four times before they go topside. He tells her to stay put.
Let's take this topside

This cap is just an excuse to look at Cody's posterior. Not that we need an excuse.
Cody's posterior

Nick is not at all excited about taking this case. In fact, he has serious misgivings. Involving edged weapons. He is really skeptical.
Nick is not excited about this case

The boys are just so pretty. Wow.
Pretty!

Nick is totally hot. He points out that they have to catch the Pier 56 Burglar and that they don't have time for this.
Nick is hot

Notice that the light is entirely different from the earlier shot. Murray and Cody are eager to take the case, and they say they can investigate during the day because the burglar only hits at night.
Pretty, and totally different light

Some more shots of the lovely. Cody: What have we got to lose? Nick: Cody, the answer to that is so obvious I won't bore you by saying it. Also, Murray is certain that she's not a murderer and tells Nick that he has a "hunch" about her. Nick: Murray, a hunch is something that hits you high in the back and is caused by bad posture, okay?
Nick is posing so nicely

Nick, talking with his hands as always. Yum.
Nick talks with his hands

I totally love this handshake between Murray and Cody after they've talked Nick into taking the case.
A job well done

Meanwhile, at the police department, they still haven't bought a better sign.
Police dept

In fact, they were so desperate for signage that they had some fourth grader stencil a poster for them.
Poster

Who doesn't love Quinlan? Come on.
Quinlan rocks

Murray tries to smoothtalk Quinlan by complimenting him. He's convinced that he knows "the drill" and can charm Quinlan into giving them information. He begins by complimenting Quinlan's barber. Not that you will be surprised by this, but he isn't successful.
Murray smooth talks

They look so beautiful here, I can hardly pay attention to the plot. They should always wear these shirts. Or nothing. Yeah. Um, the plot here is that the boys try to find out more information about Allison's case, and Quinlan mentions that Allison has escaped from the mental hospital just yesterday, and it's now an open case again. He says that she dug her way out with...er...scalpels. Um, what? That sounds really...labor-intensive to me.
Mmm.

Truly this is a shot of the epic love story of our age.
This is the epic love story of the ages.
Rhapsody in blue

Nick is pretty touchy-feely, isn't he? Of course, so is Quinlan, who slaps Cody on the arm with a folder as he leaves.
Touchy-feely

The boys all get into the Woody. The shocks really are horrible and they bounce quite a bit. They're all a bit nervous about Quinlan finding out that Allison is staying with them. Nick, amazingly enough, is not saying, "I told you so." I'm really impressed. He went along with Cody, and he's determined to stick it out, as he shows so many times in the series.
Last flight of the Woody

Again, we are reminded why the show got rid of the Woody so quickly. Focus much?
We see why they don't want to film anything else in the Woody

Conveniently enough, Murray has brought along a remote control for the Roboz that picks up sound aboard the Riptide and plays it and furthers the plot.
Roboz remote control

The boys are concerned when they hear screaming from the remote control.
Oh dear, what's that noise?

Even Roboz is aware that something dangerous is occuring.
Roboz: a cry for help

Allison is being attacked! The attacker gets in a Zodiac-style craft and takes off. Also, I love how there's sometimes a teensy sailboat just kind of floating around behind the Riptide. I always feel sorry for the poor extra floating about. And it probably ruins a shot or two, I'll bet, when they can't control where it's going. Or maybe they use an extra who's familiar with teensy sailboats.
Oh noes

She gets in the 'Vette. Y'know, half of the plots for these shows would be ruined if Nick bothered to take the keys with him when he gets out of the 'Vette...
She takes off in the 'Vette

The chase begins! That is a guy in a wig driving the 'Vette, btw. Nick: Don't hit my car, man! Cody: Well, how am I supposed to stop her? Nick: I don't know, throw a seat cushion or something! Just don't hit the car! Cody: At least she's not going to waste your precious helicopter. If I had rescued a car from a junkyard and spent six years fixing it up, I would have been just as panicked, I think.
The chase begins

Allison's male stunt double drives the 'Vette around and then hits the Mimi. This is the reaction shot. Nick: NO NO NO NO! I had to try about two dozen times to get this shot. It's worth it, though. I love that expression! And look how excited Murray is!
Oh noes!!

Poor Nick! His two prized possessions. Thank goodness Cody wasn't involved, or he would have really come unglued. Um, Allison says that someone tried to kill her.
The aftermath

These next few shots have such nice lighting! Hooray! Murray is pretty.
Murray is pretty

Nick is a little shellshocked, but still pretty. I like these pics--you can really see that Nick and Cody have blue eyes, which usually isn't that obvious.
Nick is pretty and a bit befuddled

Cody is the prettiest thing that has ever prettied. Hands down. Holy cow, he is pretty. Um. And he's looking at Nick.
Cody is very, very pretty.  Like unearthly pretty.

Allison: You wouldn't have taken the case if you knew I was a loony dismembering abused crazy girl. Would you have worked for me? Nick (to Cody): No, I'd really like to hear the answer to that one. Cody: Well... Nick: No, wait, take your time. Give it careful consideration. Cody: No, no, I would not have taken the case, wiseguy. Really, it's the delivery that does it for me in this scene. hee! Anyway, she goes to town about how she needs help, and she thinks it was a man with a scar on his neck who did the actual murder.
The boys, as they are meant to be

Beautiful, isn't it?
Um, are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Let me handle this, Cody

Cody pours coffee. "Coffee fixes everything."
Coffee fixes everything

Murray displays the pointy finger of knowledge. He says that they know that a man was onboard, so therefore someone is going after her. Cody points out that it could be the burglar, trying to steal the glove back.
The pointy finger of knowledge

"Uh, Nick, it's a girl! What do I do now?"
Uh, Nick, what do I do now?

"Coffee won't fix that, Cody."
Coffee doesn't fix everything, Cody

Allison tells Cody that her best friend, Carol Davis, would be a good source of information about her dead boyfriend.
Cody is pretty

Poor Cody! Allison moved his chair. Cody: I guess the trick here is trying to look blasé. She's also cleaned the place. The boys all decide to go talk to the best friend.
Cody's chair has been moved

Part two

(no subject)

Date: 2008-12-21 08:28 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] oddmonster.livejournal.com

Cody comforts Murray. Cody: The whole secret of our operation here is diversity. Your technical knowhow, my personal charm, and Nick's stubborn insensitivity. Nick: You tell him, guy.


That is one of my all-time favorite moments of dialogue.

Evokes images of silk pants and golden handcuffs. Oops, did I type that out loud?

Nope, you totally didn't. At all. Please be sure to post that fic to the comm when it's done. We are now all eagerly awaiting it. :)

If I looked them up in the phone book and saw the address was a slip at the pier, I might be a little skeptical, y'know.

After this show, I might insist on it, actually.


Nick is trying to understand the case further.


I'm trying to understand how his blue shirt doesn't explode at the seams.


Truly this is a shot of the epic love story of our age.


Holy cow. Does anyone have ice?

Cody: I guess the trick here is trying to look blasé.

Now, I personally would notice if someone moved my chair, but perhaps I am just nitpicking. After all, Cody's pretty.



(no subject)

Date: 2008-12-21 08:51 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] oddmonster.livejournal.com

I really don't understand how it can possibly contain that much hotness. You're totally right.


I'm also puzzled as to how it can possibly contain all that muscle, too. Is it a size large Junior's shirt? Is it just spray paint and good lighting?


hahaha! Yeah, it's now taking root in my head. Damnit. That would be a good Halloween story...dressup time...


Excellent! I'm looking forwards to seeing the end result. What does Cody dress up as? Is he the sultan or the princess?


Isn't that a good one? It took about thirty tries. Seriously. My hard drive is littered with not-quite-rights.


A GOOD one? *sputter sputter*

I'm sort of mesmerized by it. And um....there's space on lj for some of the not-quite-rights, right? If not, I will cheerfully make some.

(no subject)

Date: 2008-12-21 11:24 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] torra.livejournal.com
Okay, I was reading the picspam (and enjoying the pretty, I might add), when I got distracted by the pretty makeing icons. Would you mind if I used some of your pics?

(no subject)

Date: 2008-12-22 02:55 pm (UTC)
seraphina_snape: Parker from the TV show Leverage. She is wearing a white shirt and is smiling. (Riptide_ Nick&Cody animated)
From: [personal profile] seraphina_snape
Roboz lends a little atmosphere while Murray angsts about being a geek. Murray wants to contribute more to the agency.
Oh, but he does it so well, the geeky stuff.

Cody spins a story about the glove and how it will totally crack the case wide open. Uh, because they're going to use fiber optics.
I would really like to see how that's supposed to work.

Nick is not impressed. Boy, his eyes look dark, like he's smeared them with kohl or something. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. Evokes images of silk pants and golden handcuffs. Oops, did I type that out loud?
Silk pants and golden handcuffs? Funny, I was thinking glam rock à la Velvet Goldmine...

Cody pulls out his little notebook and begins writing stuff down.
How cute! He's trying to be a real detective. I love that.

I totally love this handshake between Murray and Cody after they've talked Nick into taking the case.
Very cute scene.

He says that she dug her way out with...er...scalpels. Um, what? That sounds really...labor-intensive to me.
By "dug her way out" he probably means that she shimmied the door open with that scapel.

Nick is pretty touchy-feely, isn't he? Of course, so is Quinlan, who slaps Cody on the arm with a folder as he leaves.
Ha! Quinlan is so obsessed with the boys. *cough cough"

If I had rescued a car from a junkyard and spent six years fixing it up, I would have been just as panicked, I think.
And it's not like Cody has any room to talk here. I can recall quite a few shouts of "not my boat!"

~ sera

Profile

pier56: (Default)
Riptide - Slash it any way you like it

May 2021

S M T W T F S
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16 171819 202122
232425 26272829
3031     

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags