About 220 caps, split between two entries. I've picked the best ones to be midsize, and there are many thumbnails of alternate shots and shots not featuring the boys, so hopefully it won't be too slow to load for y'all. As always, I've done what I can with the caps to make them look better.
This will be my last screencap commentary for a month or two--I'll be off in AZ for awhile, and when I come back, I'll be a bit busy and I don't know if I'll have time to get right back into the capping. It's been incredible fun making these, and I hope you have enjoyed them!
As always, click to embiggen any cap.
We begin this episode with a car full of Bad Dudes (no cap, sorry) driving up to a house. Then a cab drives up to the same house, and GotW (who is played by Kelly Preston, John Travolta's wife) gets out and talks to the guy inside over the intercom. Yeah, they break up over intercom. We do it with text messages nowadays. Okay, fine, he'd already dumped her via letter. So anyway, she threatens to make a scene at the office, and he lets her in. The guy is a realist, she's an idealist, and it just won't work between them. She takes off in the cab, crying.

The guy who drives the cab is pretty familiar. He's played by Xander Berkeley. I remember him from T2, where he played John Connor's stepdad. He was also in A Few Good Men, Apollo 13, and he played a cabbie in Leaving Las Vegas as well.

And here's William Smith, well-known for playing a heavy. He played one on "A*Team" and "Airwolf." He plays a crazy bad dude here.

Okay, so anyway, Crazy Bad Dude (hereafter known as CBD) shoots the guy who dumped GotW (his name is Atkins). CBD goes inside the house and finds a picture of a boat in Atkins' desk along with an envelope containing keys. In a nice little segue, we move straight from the carefully posed set of keys and pic to the real Endeavor, with the Bad Dudes on board. They're harrassing the Contessans and playing really bad music loudly. And fishing. They throw a beer can at the Barefoot Contessa. Tammi is brave and volunteers to go over and talk to the Bad Dudes.

Finally we're to the boys. Murray is working in the salon on his ginormous computer. Cody comes up the stairs, his nose clearly broken and taped, and mentions that he feels lousy. Murray: Well, whose fault was it? Cody: It's always Nick's fault when this stuff happens.

Nick comes up the stairs, sporting matching tape on his nose, and nicks Cody's coffee. Cody pours another for himself. Nick is not inclined to agree with Cody about whose fault it is. Nick: I remember you cutting in on that marine sergeant's girl...I also remember him getting very, very annoyed and calling you some kind of Vietnamese name, and then I remember his two buddies jumping on you right in the middle of the dance floor, and I came to your rescue. That's what I remember. Um. Nick just flat out says that he rescued Cody. Need I say anything more?


Nick and Cody hear the music, and some suspicious noises, and they wonder where it's coming from. Cody looks out the window and spots the troublemakers immediately. Of course he knows the make of the boat, and knows when it came into the harbor. Because he's like that old man at the end of the street who knows what everyone on the block drives.

The boys get a little close. No one here minds, right?

Nick: Too bad they're not Marines. We could go over there and Cody could cut in on one of their girls. Love him grabbing Cody's neck.

Tammi: "And I really wanted a Barbie Castle with a roof made of pink icing and sprinkles, and a pony with a fluffy mane of spun sugar..." Yeah, this goes over as well as you'd expect.

I really like slice o' life moments. Where the boys don't really have a case planned, where they're just talking or poking fun at each other, where we get to see them in their everyday lives--even if it's just for a moment.

Cody interrupts Nick's story, which was about piling a plate with food (why does this not surprise me?). Cody then proceeds to say that he's sick of this, that, and the other thing, mostly broken noses. He's really not happy. We are not quite into MY BOAT territory, but he's definitely riled up.


Cody brings out a book which someone named Denise gave to Nick. Of course Cody snagged it for himself. Nick: I couldn't get past the psychiatric endorsements on the dust cover. Um. There aren't any endorsements on the dust cover, lol. The book is called The Conversation Game.

Murray is giggling because Nick just said he used the book to even up the legs of his nightstand.

Cody: In this book it says that if you don't listen to the words that people say, but you just listen to the emotion, and then you simply feed back the emotion, it defuses the situation. Nick: Well, hot dog! I can't wait to try that little piece of good news.

Cody wants them to use this on any "hardcases" they encounter.

Meanwhile, things aren't going well for Tammi. I have to mention that all of her fellow Contessans are just standing on the BC and watching her get pawed by the Bad Dudes. And one of the Bad Dudes must not have had a scary enough voice in this scene, because he's been dubbed. Poorly.

Murray: I think that...Cody has a good idea here. He goes on to agree with Cody that it's a good book, and he reiterates the emotional feedback line.

Cody is extremely happy that Murray is backing him up.

Tammi: "You hate ponies, don't you?" *slap* And then the Bad Dudes throw her overboard.

"You hear something? Like, het hitting the water?"

Cody notices that Tammi has fallen off the boat, and they take off to find out what's up. Nick grabs his gun. On the way, Cody says to Nick: You think that I'm a banana, don't you? Nick: My nose can't take any more abuse this morning, so make it work, man. I love this because Nick knows it's not going to work, but he patiently allows Cody his chance.

The boys meet up with the BC girls, who explain that they tried to quiet the Bad Dudes, but it failed. Um, on a side note, Cody is remarkably calm for someone whose maybe-girlfriend has been tossed in the water by a side of beef. I mean, Cody does stroke her neck with his hand, but he does not tear the guy apart with his bare hands, as Nick would do if someone touched Cody, lol.

"We is Bad Dudes."

Cody starts his active listening communication attempt. He sounds light and buttery smooth. He has such a lovely voice, honestly. Anyway, the Bad Dudes growl in return. Nick (to Cody): This is working great, Cody.

Cody (to Nick): Just give me a minute, Nick, willya? CBD: Who are you guys? Nick: I'm the lady from the welcome wagon. I'd have brought some fruits and nuts with me, but I can see you got them standing right next to you there.

This makes the Bad Dudes break out the weapons.

Murray isn't sure this about this approach. It's more like Active Insulting than Active Listening.

Cody tries to calm things down again.

CBD gets pointy.

Nick gets out the gun. No one gets pointy at Cody, except for him. See what I mean? A little pointy, and Nick's ready to shoot the guy. The maybe-girlfriend gets tossed into the bay, and it's just a touch to the neck and then immediately forgotten. Nick: Well, well, look how this has turned out. Cody is clearly impressed by Nick's arms. Actually, so am I. Amusingly enough, the Contessans all take off as soon as Nick pulls out the gun. They've seen him in this mood before.

Cody is totally smug because his boyfriend is so tough. I think this is one of my favorite caps ever.

Murray gets in on the fun and delivers some gangster-style lines. Murray: You're gonna leave here. Either be carried out, or run out. Nick: If you guys happen to come back in on the tide, he and I and the rest of the volleyball players around here are going to be over the side with double-headed fire axes, all right? Love that. Nick is tough. Really tough.

CBD wants to go back and shoot them all. The Bad Dudes try to reason with him. CBD: I walk where I want, and I do what I please. You get in my way, and you're gonna bleed. Let me tell you, I want more rhyming bad guys. There just aren't enough of them on the show. Or any show, for that matter.

Here we have the debut of Max, played by Marsha Warfield, I believe. The boys are sitting at a table at Straightaway's with Contessans and Murray, listening to her stand-up act. As usual, there's been a cast change that isn't explained. Mama Jo is gone, vanished into thin air, and now Max is apparently in charge of the "nubile crew," and I'm not certain about Straightaway...no, he has to still be "there," though I don't think we see him. His car is mentioned in Be True to Your School. So the caps are Max, Yay we're listening to Max, and Yay Max is done. Okay, yeah, Max just said that Straightaway hired her to watch the crew. Also, as always, Nick and Cody are sitting scrunched up next to each other. Even though they're on a "date." With women.

Max visits the boys and thanks them for helping the Contessans. Murray is excited. Murray: Enthusiasm is my strong suit.

Murray puts on his best come hither expression and tries to entice the Contessans to follow him to the Riptide to help him "do a quick scan on the accounts receivable for January." Strangely enough, he mentions that they made "bodacious bread" in "fiscal '83," which made me scratch my head--were they an agency in '83? I guess they must have been, now that I think of it. The show was aired starting in 1984, but some of the eps were filmed in '83, so that must be what he's talking about. I think.

The boys are not impressed. Murray senses that it's time to do the taxes, and leaves. Cody toasts: Here's to creative communications. Nick: Yeah, and to that .45 caliber hollowpoint.

Murray: "Let's get this tax party started, Roboz."

Who really holds a gun like this? Seriously. The hammer would get caught up in his fingers. Not to mention that aiming would be nigh-impossible. Later he holds it like he means business.

Bad dude is a nasty piece of work. He puts a burlap sack over Murray's head and punches him! And then he kicks Roboz and steals some computer stuff. Meanwhile, Nick and Cody are on their way back to the ship, and they take off the nose tape.

Cody admits to Nick that the book is useless when dealing with hardcases. Cody: I think that active listening could be very useful interviewing suspects. Nick: Active listening...is that like pretending to be interested in what somebody else is talking about? Cody: No, Nick, it is a path to good communication. Why do you have to be so narrow-minded and blockheaded about it?


Nick: What, this is communication? Insulting a friend? Boy, this is one of those caps that just inspires a ton of story thoughts in my head.

The boys hear a noise on the Riptide.

Cody: "There's a Bad Dude on MY BOAT!"

CBD starts shooting at them. The boys dive for cover. Cody more successfully than Nick. Nick could get his posterior shot clean off in that position. Then the boys run down to the Zodiac to give chase because CBD is taking off on his own rubber raft. The camera very nicely records Cody's crotch running straight toward it. Unfortunately, waaay too blurry for the cappage.

Speaking of Nick's posterior.

Posterior vs. posterior...cage match! Any votes on which one wins?

They try to chase CBD. Who has a rifle. Which brings us to the cage match of raft vs. rifle. It ends just as you'd think. Yep. Wet boys. Also, I'm completely surprised that they weren't shot along with the raft. Nick: What do we do now, Boris? At least I think he says Boris, which could mean Boris and Natasha, or it could be my horrible hearing yet again. Maybe he said Horace. No clue. Nick: Next time we bring a gun, all right? Need I mention that their swimming is in unison? And Cody has lost his shoes.

Just for
catyah, Murray's posterior.

A teensy bit of Cody/Murray. There's quite a bit of that in this ep!

Shirtless Cody FTW. Oh yes. Win win win.


Amazingly enough, Murray still retains the power of speech, despite the presence of shirtless!Cody. Murray says that all of the tax records that he had painstakingly entered into the computer are gone. He mentions what a hellish job it is to organize the "little bits of paper you guys keep in the cigar box," which cracks me up. I can totally see them doing that. Anyone ever see the first Redman MTV Cribs ep? He had a "dollar bill box" on top of his fridge. Need to make a beer run? Grab a handful of money out of the dollar bill box. I see Cody and Nick having the same tradition, and Murray being horrified.

Cody and the aforementioned receipts from the cigar box.

Nick comes upstairs and taps Cody on the shoulder with the back of his hand, grunting, and Cody moves over. ETA: Nope, I think it's Cody grunting, not Nick.

Um, look underneath--they are scrunched together like sardines. Yep, they wouldn't have it any other way.

The boys are wet. Nice bonus for us, eh? Murray is excited because he realizes that CBD is now a case. Nick is not excited about the case. Cody ticks off the different reasons why it's such a "fantastic case," such as their own property destroyed, and being shot at. Nick: But there's one thing that makes it almost totally irresistable. Cody: No paying client. They snap their fingers at each other. More mind reading, of course; they had to say it out loud so that Murray would know what they were thinking.


Murray goes to work on the portable computer, using the Roboz as the monitor, and looks up the address that the Endeavor is registered to. They take off for the address.

When the boys arrive, the coroner and the police are at the address already. The boys argue about who will go and pump the cops for information. Murray wins. Nick tells Murray to listen actively and feed back the emotions while Cody grimaces.


The boys are hot. Nothing new, I know.

"Now that we're alone, Cody, we can get out that list of positions..."

So here are their disguises. Movers, meter readers, plumbers, TV repairmen, phone company, cable men, gardeners, Al's Pool Cleaning Service, magazine salesmen, MedFly Investigations, and medical examiners. Medical examiners?! Please tell me they never use this. Next thing you know they'll be asking Murray to feign a dead body. And he'll be excited about it. "You want me to play possum?"

"Well, we've never done position #4..." "Position #6, though, we did that three times last night alone."


"The back seats fold down if you'd like to try #3..."

They decide to be Al's Pool Cleaning Service. Cody wanders off to gather supplies. Er, he goes across the street and steals someone's pool equipment. That's nice, because then we get to check out his posterior in the white pants.

Murray comes back to the Jimmy, shouting "Nick! Cody!" Nick gets agitated about the Bozinsky paging system because they're "undercover." Anyway, Murray verifies that Atkins is dead.

Cody/Murray, anyone? Cody is trying to calm down Mr. Enthusiastic, who is quite taken with the concept of being a pool man. It's hilarious--he even mimes using a pool skimmer. Nick and Cody pull on beige work shirts and baseball caps.


Cody drives up, the perfect picture of innocent surprise.

The cop tells them to turn around.

Murray is hiding between the seats. Voyeur!Murray, lol.


Cody pulls out an "aw, shucks" routine, and does it well. Cody: I saw the coroner's truck, did somebody die? It's the way he says it that cracks me up every single time.

Anyway, the boys put together some hilarious scenario about turning off something sharp on the pool compressor. The "impeller blade," I think? So Cody spins this hilarious story about how the cop can turn off the pump for them. His hands look rather indecent here as he demonstrates. The cop is a little freaked about the explanation of how to turn off the pump and avoid the impeller blade, so he lets them in. Seriously, this is a lovely little bit, with the boys working together flawlessly. The timing is great.

Nick is very hot. Also, he's very good at doing things with his mouth...that toothpick is a good example. Cody is a lucky, lucky guy.

The boys are hot. Murray explains that Atkins is dead. Cody: Somebody killed the doctor. Now his boat's floating around filled with double digit IQs. I figure those two things are connected. They want to get inside the house and find out more information, and Nick mentions that they have butcher coats in the back (!), and that they could tear off the patches and disguise themselves as lab guys.

They just keep getting hotter. How is this possible? Nick tells Murray he should stay in the Jimmy, and he and Cody will go in as lab techs, and then Murray says that he should go if they're going to be be lab techs, because he knows the lingo. I was a little bit in shock because Nick agrees, and says he'll skim the pool and keep the engine running.


Go Murray!

I love watching the boys walk. Wow, Cody is long and lean, y'know? I do think he bulks up a bit more in later eps.

Oh, it's that guy, and that other guy. The one from Die Hard and Breakfast Club. Anyway, the cabbie is all creeped out because he was driving GotW around and now it looks like she was the murderer.

Murray and Cody say that they need to pick up lab samples. Highly contagious lab samples.


The cop freaks and lets them in.

The boys spy on That Other Guy, grilling GotW. She claims she didn't murder Atkins.

Cody's little black book. And then...oh noes! It's Quinlan! The boys take off. That Other Guy: Lieutenant, where you been? Quinlan: What the hell difference does it make where I been? I'm here now.


Quinlan and That Other Guy talk about the girl and how she won't change her story. While they're talking, she escapes out a window.

Cody sneaks up on Nick and nearly gives him a heart attack by touching him. Heh...of course he touches him instead of saying something. This is Riptide. Nick is freaking because he's seen Quinlan. Also, Cody's white pants, and nice crotch shot FTW.


Part two
This will be my last screencap commentary for a month or two--I'll be off in AZ for awhile, and when I come back, I'll be a bit busy and I don't know if I'll have time to get right back into the capping. It's been incredible fun making these, and I hope you have enjoyed them!
As always, click to embiggen any cap.
We begin this episode with a car full of Bad Dudes (no cap, sorry) driving up to a house. Then a cab drives up to the same house, and GotW (who is played by Kelly Preston, John Travolta's wife) gets out and talks to the guy inside over the intercom. Yeah, they break up over intercom. We do it with text messages nowadays. Okay, fine, he'd already dumped her via letter. So anyway, she threatens to make a scene at the office, and he lets her in. The guy is a realist, she's an idealist, and it just won't work between them. She takes off in the cab, crying.
The guy who drives the cab is pretty familiar. He's played by Xander Berkeley. I remember him from T2, where he played John Connor's stepdad. He was also in A Few Good Men, Apollo 13, and he played a cabbie in Leaving Las Vegas as well.
And here's William Smith, well-known for playing a heavy. He played one on "A*Team" and "Airwolf." He plays a crazy bad dude here.
Okay, so anyway, Crazy Bad Dude (hereafter known as CBD) shoots the guy who dumped GotW (his name is Atkins). CBD goes inside the house and finds a picture of a boat in Atkins' desk along with an envelope containing keys. In a nice little segue, we move straight from the carefully posed set of keys and pic to the real Endeavor, with the Bad Dudes on board. They're harrassing the Contessans and playing really bad music loudly. And fishing. They throw a beer can at the Barefoot Contessa. Tammi is brave and volunteers to go over and talk to the Bad Dudes.
Finally we're to the boys. Murray is working in the salon on his ginormous computer. Cody comes up the stairs, his nose clearly broken and taped, and mentions that he feels lousy. Murray: Well, whose fault was it? Cody: It's always Nick's fault when this stuff happens.
Nick comes up the stairs, sporting matching tape on his nose, and nicks Cody's coffee. Cody pours another for himself. Nick is not inclined to agree with Cody about whose fault it is. Nick: I remember you cutting in on that marine sergeant's girl...I also remember him getting very, very annoyed and calling you some kind of Vietnamese name, and then I remember his two buddies jumping on you right in the middle of the dance floor, and I came to your rescue. That's what I remember. Um. Nick just flat out says that he rescued Cody. Need I say anything more?
Nick and Cody hear the music, and some suspicious noises, and they wonder where it's coming from. Cody looks out the window and spots the troublemakers immediately. Of course he knows the make of the boat, and knows when it came into the harbor. Because he's like that old man at the end of the street who knows what everyone on the block drives.
The boys get a little close. No one here minds, right?
Nick: Too bad they're not Marines. We could go over there and Cody could cut in on one of their girls. Love him grabbing Cody's neck.
Tammi: "And I really wanted a Barbie Castle with a roof made of pink icing and sprinkles, and a pony with a fluffy mane of spun sugar..." Yeah, this goes over as well as you'd expect.
I really like slice o' life moments. Where the boys don't really have a case planned, where they're just talking or poking fun at each other, where we get to see them in their everyday lives--even if it's just for a moment.
Cody interrupts Nick's story, which was about piling a plate with food (why does this not surprise me?). Cody then proceeds to say that he's sick of this, that, and the other thing, mostly broken noses. He's really not happy. We are not quite into MY BOAT territory, but he's definitely riled up.
Cody brings out a book which someone named Denise gave to Nick. Of course Cody snagged it for himself. Nick: I couldn't get past the psychiatric endorsements on the dust cover. Um. There aren't any endorsements on the dust cover, lol. The book is called The Conversation Game.
Murray is giggling because Nick just said he used the book to even up the legs of his nightstand.
Cody: In this book it says that if you don't listen to the words that people say, but you just listen to the emotion, and then you simply feed back the emotion, it defuses the situation. Nick: Well, hot dog! I can't wait to try that little piece of good news.
Cody wants them to use this on any "hardcases" they encounter.
Meanwhile, things aren't going well for Tammi. I have to mention that all of her fellow Contessans are just standing on the BC and watching her get pawed by the Bad Dudes. And one of the Bad Dudes must not have had a scary enough voice in this scene, because he's been dubbed. Poorly.
Murray: I think that...Cody has a good idea here. He goes on to agree with Cody that it's a good book, and he reiterates the emotional feedback line.
Cody is extremely happy that Murray is backing him up.
Tammi: "You hate ponies, don't you?" *slap* And then the Bad Dudes throw her overboard.
"You hear something? Like, het hitting the water?"
Cody notices that Tammi has fallen off the boat, and they take off to find out what's up. Nick grabs his gun. On the way, Cody says to Nick: You think that I'm a banana, don't you? Nick: My nose can't take any more abuse this morning, so make it work, man. I love this because Nick knows it's not going to work, but he patiently allows Cody his chance.
The boys meet up with the BC girls, who explain that they tried to quiet the Bad Dudes, but it failed. Um, on a side note, Cody is remarkably calm for someone whose maybe-girlfriend has been tossed in the water by a side of beef. I mean, Cody does stroke her neck with his hand, but he does not tear the guy apart with his bare hands, as Nick would do if someone touched Cody, lol.
"We is Bad Dudes."
Cody starts his active listening communication attempt. He sounds light and buttery smooth. He has such a lovely voice, honestly. Anyway, the Bad Dudes growl in return. Nick (to Cody): This is working great, Cody.
Cody (to Nick): Just give me a minute, Nick, willya? CBD: Who are you guys? Nick: I'm the lady from the welcome wagon. I'd have brought some fruits and nuts with me, but I can see you got them standing right next to you there.
This makes the Bad Dudes break out the weapons.
Murray isn't sure this about this approach. It's more like Active Insulting than Active Listening.
Cody tries to calm things down again.
CBD gets pointy.
Nick gets out the gun. No one gets pointy at Cody, except for him. See what I mean? A little pointy, and Nick's ready to shoot the guy. The maybe-girlfriend gets tossed into the bay, and it's just a touch to the neck and then immediately forgotten. Nick: Well, well, look how this has turned out. Cody is clearly impressed by Nick's arms. Actually, so am I. Amusingly enough, the Contessans all take off as soon as Nick pulls out the gun. They've seen him in this mood before.
Cody is totally smug because his boyfriend is so tough. I think this is one of my favorite caps ever.
Murray gets in on the fun and delivers some gangster-style lines. Murray: You're gonna leave here. Either be carried out, or run out. Nick: If you guys happen to come back in on the tide, he and I and the rest of the volleyball players around here are going to be over the side with double-headed fire axes, all right? Love that. Nick is tough. Really tough.
CBD wants to go back and shoot them all. The Bad Dudes try to reason with him. CBD: I walk where I want, and I do what I please. You get in my way, and you're gonna bleed. Let me tell you, I want more rhyming bad guys. There just aren't enough of them on the show. Or any show, for that matter.
Here we have the debut of Max, played by Marsha Warfield, I believe. The boys are sitting at a table at Straightaway's with Contessans and Murray, listening to her stand-up act. As usual, there's been a cast change that isn't explained. Mama Jo is gone, vanished into thin air, and now Max is apparently in charge of the "nubile crew," and I'm not certain about Straightaway...no, he has to still be "there," though I don't think we see him. His car is mentioned in Be True to Your School. So the caps are Max, Yay we're listening to Max, and Yay Max is done. Okay, yeah, Max just said that Straightaway hired her to watch the crew. Also, as always, Nick and Cody are sitting scrunched up next to each other. Even though they're on a "date." With women.
Max visits the boys and thanks them for helping the Contessans. Murray is excited. Murray: Enthusiasm is my strong suit.
Murray puts on his best come hither expression and tries to entice the Contessans to follow him to the Riptide to help him "do a quick scan on the accounts receivable for January." Strangely enough, he mentions that they made "bodacious bread" in "fiscal '83," which made me scratch my head--were they an agency in '83? I guess they must have been, now that I think of it. The show was aired starting in 1984, but some of the eps were filmed in '83, so that must be what he's talking about. I think.
The boys are not impressed. Murray senses that it's time to do the taxes, and leaves. Cody toasts: Here's to creative communications. Nick: Yeah, and to that .45 caliber hollowpoint.
Murray: "Let's get this tax party started, Roboz."
Who really holds a gun like this? Seriously. The hammer would get caught up in his fingers. Not to mention that aiming would be nigh-impossible. Later he holds it like he means business.
Bad dude is a nasty piece of work. He puts a burlap sack over Murray's head and punches him! And then he kicks Roboz and steals some computer stuff. Meanwhile, Nick and Cody are on their way back to the ship, and they take off the nose tape.
Cody admits to Nick that the book is useless when dealing with hardcases. Cody: I think that active listening could be very useful interviewing suspects. Nick: Active listening...is that like pretending to be interested in what somebody else is talking about? Cody: No, Nick, it is a path to good communication. Why do you have to be so narrow-minded and blockheaded about it?
Nick: What, this is communication? Insulting a friend? Boy, this is one of those caps that just inspires a ton of story thoughts in my head.
The boys hear a noise on the Riptide.
Cody: "There's a Bad Dude on MY BOAT!"
CBD starts shooting at them. The boys dive for cover. Cody more successfully than Nick. Nick could get his posterior shot clean off in that position. Then the boys run down to the Zodiac to give chase because CBD is taking off on his own rubber raft. The camera very nicely records Cody's crotch running straight toward it. Unfortunately, waaay too blurry for the cappage.
Speaking of Nick's posterior.
Posterior vs. posterior...cage match! Any votes on which one wins?
They try to chase CBD. Who has a rifle. Which brings us to the cage match of raft vs. rifle. It ends just as you'd think. Yep. Wet boys. Also, I'm completely surprised that they weren't shot along with the raft. Nick: What do we do now, Boris? At least I think he says Boris, which could mean Boris and Natasha, or it could be my horrible hearing yet again. Maybe he said Horace. No clue. Nick: Next time we bring a gun, all right? Need I mention that their swimming is in unison? And Cody has lost his shoes.
Just for
A teensy bit of Cody/Murray. There's quite a bit of that in this ep!
Shirtless Cody FTW. Oh yes. Win win win.
Amazingly enough, Murray still retains the power of speech, despite the presence of shirtless!Cody. Murray says that all of the tax records that he had painstakingly entered into the computer are gone. He mentions what a hellish job it is to organize the "little bits of paper you guys keep in the cigar box," which cracks me up. I can totally see them doing that. Anyone ever see the first Redman MTV Cribs ep? He had a "dollar bill box" on top of his fridge. Need to make a beer run? Grab a handful of money out of the dollar bill box. I see Cody and Nick having the same tradition, and Murray being horrified.
Cody and the aforementioned receipts from the cigar box.
Nick comes upstairs and taps Cody on the shoulder with the back of his hand, grunting, and Cody moves over. ETA: Nope, I think it's Cody grunting, not Nick.
Um, look underneath--they are scrunched together like sardines. Yep, they wouldn't have it any other way.
The boys are wet. Nice bonus for us, eh? Murray is excited because he realizes that CBD is now a case. Nick is not excited about the case. Cody ticks off the different reasons why it's such a "fantastic case," such as their own property destroyed, and being shot at. Nick: But there's one thing that makes it almost totally irresistable. Cody: No paying client. They snap their fingers at each other. More mind reading, of course; they had to say it out loud so that Murray would know what they were thinking.
Murray goes to work on the portable computer, using the Roboz as the monitor, and looks up the address that the Endeavor is registered to. They take off for the address.
When the boys arrive, the coroner and the police are at the address already. The boys argue about who will go and pump the cops for information. Murray wins. Nick tells Murray to listen actively and feed back the emotions while Cody grimaces.
The boys are hot. Nothing new, I know.
"Now that we're alone, Cody, we can get out that list of positions..."
So here are their disguises. Movers, meter readers, plumbers, TV repairmen, phone company, cable men, gardeners, Al's Pool Cleaning Service, magazine salesmen, MedFly Investigations, and medical examiners. Medical examiners?! Please tell me they never use this. Next thing you know they'll be asking Murray to feign a dead body. And he'll be excited about it. "You want me to play possum?"
"Well, we've never done position #4..." "Position #6, though, we did that three times last night alone."
"The back seats fold down if you'd like to try #3..."
They decide to be Al's Pool Cleaning Service. Cody wanders off to gather supplies. Er, he goes across the street and steals someone's pool equipment. That's nice, because then we get to check out his posterior in the white pants.
Murray comes back to the Jimmy, shouting "Nick! Cody!" Nick gets agitated about the Bozinsky paging system because they're "undercover." Anyway, Murray verifies that Atkins is dead.
Cody/Murray, anyone? Cody is trying to calm down Mr. Enthusiastic, who is quite taken with the concept of being a pool man. It's hilarious--he even mimes using a pool skimmer. Nick and Cody pull on beige work shirts and baseball caps.
Cody drives up, the perfect picture of innocent surprise.
The cop tells them to turn around.
Murray is hiding between the seats. Voyeur!Murray, lol.
Cody pulls out an "aw, shucks" routine, and does it well. Cody: I saw the coroner's truck, did somebody die? It's the way he says it that cracks me up every single time.
Anyway, the boys put together some hilarious scenario about turning off something sharp on the pool compressor. The "impeller blade," I think? So Cody spins this hilarious story about how the cop can turn off the pump for them. His hands look rather indecent here as he demonstrates. The cop is a little freaked about the explanation of how to turn off the pump and avoid the impeller blade, so he lets them in. Seriously, this is a lovely little bit, with the boys working together flawlessly. The timing is great.
Nick is very hot. Also, he's very good at doing things with his mouth...that toothpick is a good example. Cody is a lucky, lucky guy.
The boys are hot. Murray explains that Atkins is dead. Cody: Somebody killed the doctor. Now his boat's floating around filled with double digit IQs. I figure those two things are connected. They want to get inside the house and find out more information, and Nick mentions that they have butcher coats in the back (!), and that they could tear off the patches and disguise themselves as lab guys.
They just keep getting hotter. How is this possible? Nick tells Murray he should stay in the Jimmy, and he and Cody will go in as lab techs, and then Murray says that he should go if they're going to be be lab techs, because he knows the lingo. I was a little bit in shock because Nick agrees, and says he'll skim the pool and keep the engine running.
Go Murray!
I love watching the boys walk. Wow, Cody is long and lean, y'know? I do think he bulks up a bit more in later eps.
Oh, it's that guy, and that other guy. The one from Die Hard and Breakfast Club. Anyway, the cabbie is all creeped out because he was driving GotW around and now it looks like she was the murderer.
Murray and Cody say that they need to pick up lab samples. Highly contagious lab samples.
The cop freaks and lets them in.
The boys spy on That Other Guy, grilling GotW. She claims she didn't murder Atkins.
Cody's little black book. And then...oh noes! It's Quinlan! The boys take off. That Other Guy: Lieutenant, where you been? Quinlan: What the hell difference does it make where I been? I'm here now.
Quinlan and That Other Guy talk about the girl and how she won't change her story. While they're talking, she escapes out a window.
Cody sneaks up on Nick and nearly gives him a heart attack by touching him. Heh...of course he touches him instead of saying something. This is Riptide. Nick is freaking because he's seen Quinlan. Also, Cody's white pants, and nice crotch shot FTW.
Part two
(no subject)
Date: 2009-01-14 03:16 am (UTC)He's played by Xander Berkeley. I remember him from T2, where he played John Connor's stepdad. He was also in A Few Good Men, Apollo 13, and he played a cabbie in Leaving Las Vegas as well.
Let's not forget his star turn possessed by aliens in the snow on X-Files. Um, how did we wind up memorizing imdb again?
Nick comes up the stairs, sporting matching tape on his nose, and nicks Cody's coffee.
I never noticed that before. Wow. One might be tempted to say words rhyming with "night pocus", but one would restrain in the interests of friendship. :P
Of course he knows the make of the boat, and knows when it came into the harbor. Because he's like that old man at the end of the street who knows what everyone on the block drives.
Snort. He SO is. Good thing he lives with the bigger old man who can actually land a punch when he tells kids to get off his lawn.
Meanwhile, things aren't going well for Tammi. I have to mention that all of her fellow Contessans are just standing on the BC and watching her get pawed by the Bad Dudes.
Okay see, I found her choice to go over there in the first place to be an Unsafe Decision. I was a little disappointed in her.
"You hear something? Like, het hitting the water?"
"Het." You're so restrained in word choice. :P
Cody notices that Tammi has fallen off the boat, and they take off to find out what's up. Nick grabs his gun.
They go to the supermarket, and Nick grabs his gun. They go out to dinner, and Nick grabs his gun. They go for a quick jog along the beach at sunrise, and...
He sounds light and buttery smooth. He has such a lovely voice, honestly.
Seriously. His voice is stunning. Nick's happy to hear him read the phone book. Of course, hearing him say "Yes, oh god please more, right there" works for him too.
New favorite Murray cap. (http://pics.livejournal.com/valis2/pic/002aqcsk/g54) He looked exactly the same the first time he accidentally walked into the salon at a bad time.
Oh yes (http://pics.livejournal.com/valis2/pic/002awgq0/g54). That cap screams "no subtext here". Fear the pout!
Posterior vs. posterior...cage match! Any votes on which one wins?
Um, everyone watching?
Dude. Woof. (http://pics.livejournal.com/valis2/pic/002c08w5/g54)
Snort. (http://pics.livejournal.com/valis2/pic/002ck2t7/g54) Per the doctrine of voyeur!Murray, you can't see where his other hand is.
When disco goes horribly wrong. (http://pics.livejournal.com/valis2/pic/002d8bfc/g54) It's lucky no one was injured there.
(no subject)
Date: 2009-01-14 03:49 am (UTC)This one was exhausting. Not certain why. Mean Green went by so much more quickly!
Let's not forget his star turn possessed by aliens in the snow on X-Files. Um, how did we wind up memorizing imdb again?
*snorts* I've always played the Where Have We Seen Them Before game with my family...
I never noticed that before. Wow. One might be tempted to say words rhyming with "night pocus", but one would restrain in the interests of friendship. :P
Um. Are you saying that I'm a wee bit obsessed? Because you're right. lol. Anything Nick does--I'm on it. haha! Of course, that would include Cody, now, wouldn't it?
Snort. He SO is. Good thing he lives with the bigger old man who can actually land a punch when he tells kids to get off his lawn.
Actually, Nick seems like the type to get out the garden hose. *snorts*
Okay see, I found her choice to go over there in the first place to be an Unsafe Decision. I was a little disappointed in her.
Clearly her knights in shining armor were rather distracted and showed up too late. And then were into each other and forgot about her, too.
"Het." You're so restrained in word choice. :P
;) You noticed that, did you?
They go to the supermarket, and Nick grabs his gun. They go out to dinner, and Nick grabs his gun. They go for a quick jog along the beach at sunrise, and...
Yes, those immortal words..."I'll get the guns." We love you, Nicky Gun Boy.
Seriously. His voice is stunning. Nick's happy to hear him read the phone book. Of course, hearing him say "Yes, oh god please more, right there" works for him too.
I tell you, that little bit in Great Geeks? where he's begging the Woody to keep going? (Um. mustn't stop at this double entendre.) And he says "please baby please"? guh. guh. I might have listened to that a few more times than was healthy...
New favorite Murray cap. He looked exactly the same the first time he accidentally walked into the salon at a bad time.
I like the one where he's wedged behind the seat. I've already made a voyeur!Murray icon for the next batch.
Oh yes. That cap screams "no subtext here". Fear the pout!
Dude, I'm used to the crazyass slash here, but this cap made me even me pause for a moment.
Posterior vs. posterior...cage match! Any votes on which one wins?
Um, everyone watching?
Works for me.
Snort. Per the doctrine of voyeur!Murray, you can't see where his other hand is.
Ah, yes, exactly the shot I was talking about.
When disco goes horribly wrong. It's lucky no one was injured there.
lol! Yes, truly. and omguh white pants.
(no subject)
Date: 2009-01-14 05:05 am (UTC)Beth
(no subject)
Date: 2009-01-14 03:46 pm (UTC):: beams ::
(no subject)
Date: 2009-01-14 05:13 pm (UTC)Beth
(no subject)
Date: 2009-01-15 12:40 am (UTC)Gotta love the h/c, though the shows seem to set up plenty h/c moments and then let down on the c, unfortunately. :(
(no subject)
Date: 2009-01-14 10:08 am (UTC)How about: Guh?
The boys get a little close. No one here minds, right?
See above
Nick gets out the gun. No one gets pointy at Cody, except for him.
Aint that the truth. This may call for another Guh
I was a little bit in shock because Nick agrees
I think Nick figures in a house full of cops, Cody cant exactly get hurt: worst he can get is arrested.
(no subject)
Date: 2009-01-15 12:42 am (UTC)How about: Guh?
Dude, yes. I went back and watched it twice more to make sure I'd heard correctly. And then I watched twice more. Just for me.
Nick gets out the gun. No one gets pointy at Cody, except for him.
Aint that the truth. This may call for another Guh
I thought I might be exaggerating, but no, I went back and watched it--as soon as the pointy emerges, the gun comes up. ha!
I was a little bit in shock because Nick agrees
I think Nick figures in a house full of cops, Cody cant exactly get hurt: worst he can get is arrested.
Y'know, that's very true. And this way Nick can be ready to spirit him away at a moment's notice.
(no subject)
Date: 2009-01-16 10:26 am (UTC)Nick is a good boyfriend. *g*
Nick gets out the gun. No one gets pointy at Cody, except for him. See what I mean?
See above: good boyfriend.
Murray puts on his best come hither expression and tries to entice the Contessans to follow him to the Riptide to help him "do a quick scan on the accounts receivable for January."
He's just too cute. ♥
Which brings us to the cage match of raft vs. rifle. It ends just as you'd think. Yep. Wet boys.
They should get wet more often. If only for the obligatory shirtless scene right after...
Um, look underneath--they are scrunched together like sardines. Yep, they wouldn't have it any other way.
They do that a lot. ♥
Cody is trying to calm down Mr. Enthusiastic, who is quite taken with the concept of being a pool man. It's hilarious--he even mimes using a pool skimmer.
He is adorable. How can anyone not love Murray?
Quinlan and That Other Guy talk about the girl and how she won't change her story.
Right. It's so annyoing when the witness doesn't tell the story you want her to tell, isn't it?
~ sera
(no subject)
Date: 2009-01-16 05:22 pm (UTC)Nick is a good boyfriend. *g*
Oh yes. Nick just nods and sighs and goes along with it, while the gun in the back of his pants reassures him. Um. I might need to rephrase that...
Nick gets out the gun. No one gets pointy at Cody, except for him. See what I mean?
See above: good boyfriend.
Absolutely. No pointy! Cody is mine! That totally made me grin. I even had to go back and double check that I wasn't exaggerating. Nope. The first sign of pointing, and bam! The gun is drawn. hee!
They should get wet more often. If only for the obligatory shirtless scene right after...
They should just be naked for every ep. *snort*
Um, look underneath--they are scrunched together like sardines. Yep, they wouldn't have it any other way.
They do that a lot. ♥
I love the scrunching. This was such yummy scrunching, too, because it wasn't even that they were going to whisper something to each other; it was just scrunching. Scrunch scrunch scrunch. Yum.
Cody is trying to calm down Mr. Enthusiastic, who is quite taken with the concept of being a pool man. It's hilarious--he even mimes using a pool skimmer.
He is adorable. How can anyone not love Murray?
I laughed at that scene more than once. Especially when he wants to be Al. hee!
Right. It's so annyoing when the witness doesn't tell the story you want her to tell, isn't it?
I know! Why won't they just admit to something they didn't do? That would make it so much easier.