[identity profile] valis2.livejournal.com posting in [community profile] pier56
Find part one here

And the boys take off from Atkins' place. Okay, I have to say that I'm not certain that the Jimmy 1.0 is an improvement over the Woody. The windshield sucks just as much. At least they're not bouncing quite as badly, though.
Jimmy 1.0 is about the same as the Woody

Cody and Murray are in the front seat, and I'm going to assume they've just filled Nick in on what they've learned, because Nick rehashes everything (calls the cab driver a hack--they're still writing his dialogue with bits of slang here and there), and tries to figure out the case. Nick thinks that Quinlan is wrong, and he doesn't think that GotW killed Atkins.
Cody/Murray

Nick pegs the girl as the ex-lover, and Murray starts to wonder if she did kill him. Nick: Murray, this is 1984. People don't kill each other over broken love affairs. They get drunk and renew their aerobics classes. Cody: Oh, you sentimental fool. Nick says that he'd suspect the goon on the boat before the GotW.
Laughing Nick
Nick is hot

Nick sees GotW in the sideview mirror.
Wait--who's in the back?

Nick: Is she pretty?
Nick spies GotW

Cody: Yeah, very. Nick: Is she blond? Cody: Yep.
Cody and Murray are oblivious

Nick: Is this her?
And here we have contestant #1... ...GotW!

Murray and Cody are shocked. I am, too. How the hell did she have time to sneak into the Jimmy while Nick was right next to it? Then again, Cody snuck up on him...
Murray and Cody are surprised

She has a gun, and it's pointed at Nick. Unacceptable. Seriously. I am trying to keep an open mind about the GotW, but this? is not helping.
Girl has a gun!

Cody decides to try using the book again. He starts his smooth, buttery monologue. With extra butter.
Cody tries to talk her down

Nick is not impressed. He's actually breathing pretty hard here, and looking panicked.
Uh, c'mon buddy, you have to do better than that

"Have you ever read Dianetics?"
Have you ever read Dianetics?

Nick grabs the gun from the girl while she's distracted. Go Nick! Though he's lucky it didn't go off--he could have gotten Murray killed.
Nick's got the gun

Cody, of course, nearly passes out in relief. He has to admit that this active listening might not be the best thing, except for "waitresses and gas station attendants," lol.
Cody nearly passes out in relief

Um. What did I tell you about Cody/Murray in this ep?
Cody/Murray

One of my friends who lives in the LA area says that there's a super well-known burger joint called Tommy's (with red letters), and I have a feeling that this "Tomboy's" place is meant to be a knockoff. I am also wondering if Cody's left knee is against Nick's right leg. Though I probably don't need to wonder, honestly. Also, gotta love the rainbow umbrellas. lol. Another sign?
Everybody at Tomboy's

GotW tells her story, and we are treated to a rare callback to an earlier ep--the boys get her to wear Murray's lie-detector ring from the pilot ep and they get her tell her story. Again, she says that she didn't kill Atkins. Nick is watching her--and the ring--carefully.
Nick is skeptical
The ring of truth Nick is watching the ring

After GotW tells her story, Cody explains about the ring, and she almost gets upset, but they talk her down.
Cody is hot

She's wearing about $100-150 worth of coral, it looks like. Unless it's plastic.
Girl has nice coral

I adore this cap. It looks like they're in fourth grade, passing notes to each other and drawing hearts on them with glitter pens. They've just been called "innocent pool men" by the GotW, and they're feeling a bit guilty, I suppose, which means they have to scrunch together even more. Guilt! Need Nick! Need Cody!
Passing notes

Murray explains that they're private detectives, not pool men. They explain that they're looking into Atkins' boat, which has some "troublemakers" on it. Nick asks her about the boat, and whether there's anything unusual about it, and she says that they should ask Atkins' business manager, whom Atkins was about to fire. They decide to go interview the business manager.
Murray is introspective

They stand up and wonder what to do with GotW. Cody thinks she could turn herself in, but Nick thinks Quinlan will try to browbeat her into a forced confession.
The boys are hot


Nick tells her to go stay on the Riptide. She compliments him on his...well, pretty much his active listening, lol.
Nick likes compliments

Cody rolls his eyes. After all that butter, she still compliments Nick. ha!
Cody can't believe Nick is getting compliments.  Also, rainbow.
Nick is hot Cody rolls his eyes

Meanwhile, New Bad Dude has just been released from jail via boat. What I love about the second image is that the first thing that CBD does is give him a gun. WTF?! He just got out of jail! Anyway, that gun, and the look on his face--poor NBD, he doesn't have a chance. From criminal to prisoner right back to criminal. He can't help but grab the gun. I've never seen slashier Bad Dudes, btw. None. More. Slashy. CBD is really fixated on the "two beach boys" and their "great big ole fancy boat." Poor Murray is clearly a nonentity. Aw!
And they embraced like...brothers That taste of crime

So the boys pretend to be Coast Guard agents and they stop and visit Atkins' business manager. Cody flashes a fake Coast Guard badge and ID. Okay, I know that Cody's the pretty one, but--has anyone looked at this "fake" ID?!! It has his real name on it! And his real address at Pier 56! And his signature! And I'm going to assume that it has his real birthday on it, too--6-28-54. Um. Couldn't he have come up with something else? 1234 Bayview Dr? Anything! Or am I overestimating their opponents too much? Now I'm wondering if Nick did the same thing. Or maybe Murray made the fake IDs, and he's just too honest to lie about their names and birthdates...ha! I'm also wondering what happened to those props, heh. I'd love to have one of those.
Worst fake ID ever

When I was uploading these caps, I couldn't think of anything to put as the title for this pic, so I just wrote "nerble." Guess what? I still can't think of anything. Nerble.
nerble

Cody is hot, and he takes charge. He starts leaning on the business manager, describing the boat and mentioning that there's a possibility that the boat was used for drugrunning. He describes CBD: Very large, about 6'1", dark hair, moustache, prone to violence. Nick is just picking stuff up off the desk and reading it, lol. For some reason I love looking at the palm trees out the window. It looks like such an alien landscape to me. Well, there aren't that many palm trees in MI...
Cody is hot
The boys are working over a hapless victim

Murray points out that drugrunning is a felony. And then puts his hand on the inkpad. Something I would totally do.
Murray is confident
Murray's inky hand

Nick is hot. So is Cody.
Nick is agent hot Cody, Coast Guard hot

Business manager: Maybe you got the wrong boat! Murray: The wrong boat?!...You're talking to the United States Coast Guard! And he shows his badge again, lol. Nick and Murray sandwich the business manager and make certain he knows to call them if he gets any information.
Nick & Murray sandwich

The boys, walking. Let me just mention that Murray's suit is great! His tie, his shirt, his suit--they all look great together. I think that he could wear it today. Seriously. Nick & Cody's suits are pretty dated. Cody's tie, especially, is hideous. But Murray looks terrific!
The boys, walking

The boys look totally adorable here. They're so comfortable together--so obviously living in each other's pockets.
Adorable boys

Back in the Jimmy, the boys tail the business manager, who was spooked by their visit and heads to a seedy apartment building/motel thing. They park in front, and start to argue about who's going to follow the business manager into the complex on foot.
In the Jimmy

Nick looks quite hot, and insists upon tailing the guy, spinning some very strange story about being the sneakingest guy in the unit in 'Nam, the "ace stalker."
Nick looking hot

Murray is impressed by Nick's story. Cody looks dubious. Hell, I'm dubious about it.
Murray and Cody are not convinced

Business manager goes running up the stairs and pounds on the door. Nick basically does the opposite of sneakingest and just walks up the stairs behind the guy, and gets pushed into the railing. Yeah, that went well.
nerble at the door Nick is not successful

Nick runs back to the Jimmy, and they take off after the business manager, but the poor Jimmy can't keep up with whatever the business manager is driving--a Ferrari? I can't remember.
In the Jimmy

They've lost the business manager. I love this shot.
Yeah, just like always

So the boys break into CBD's apartment (and leave the door wide open after they leave, lol), and they steal his mail. He has a bunch of subscriptions to stuff like Soldier of Fortune.
Back at the apartment

Murray puts everything together. He explains that the business manager probably hired CBD to kill Atkins. He doesn't explain why. I have no idea why, either. They decide to go after the CBD, and they head back to the Riptide.
Murray
Murray is the best coordinated of them all

I have no idea what I was going to say. Just enjoy.
The boys are so hot
Guh.

Guh

Why did short shorts for men ever go out of style? Well, not like this guy is a great example. But still.
Short shorts

Oh dear. Something is missing.
MY BOAT is gone

Cody: They took MY BOAT! I love it when Cody yells MY BOAT. Even Nick gets agitated and shouty and pointy. And he reminds us that GotW was on the boat. I had completely forgotten about her. Nick: This is the last straw! You don't mess with Nick's boyfriend's boat. Also, I forgot to cap this, but there's another little sailboat floating around in the water where MY BOAT once was docked, lol.
MY BOAT!

Murray says that they can track the Riptide because the Roboz is still on board. He'll just use his portable computer to locate Roboz. His portable computer that doesn't have a screen. Thank goodness for the monitors he's left in the Mimi!
Murray can fix it

MIMI!! Yes, something is solved with a chopper. Nick: We can [track the Roboz] from the Mimi. That's our last shot!
MIMI

Cody's tie doesn't stand a chance.
The tie doesn't stand a chance The tie is gone

Good thing Murray can understand this screen, because it's indecipherable to me.
Good thing Murray knows what this means

Nick is hot. Murray: You'd better hurry up. Nick: Hurry isn't always in Mimi's vocabulary.
Nicky the pilot

This is upsetting. I mean, the Roboz is underage.
Roboz is a minor and shouldn't be drinking

"I've had it up to here with you jerks! You got pointy, and then you stole my boyfriend's boat, and now you're gonna pay!"
Shouty Nick

These Bad Dudes are scary, yeah, but they could be a lot scarier. I mean, they talk about the kidnapped GotW and say, "We could use a maid." heh. And their idea of harming the Roboz is a little beer to the head.
The bad dudes

When Cody is done loading Murray's pistol he hands it to him, and then plants the butt of his rifle firmly in his own crotch. Uh, I winced for him. Anyway, here we have the raft being pushed out of the Mimi. Only problem is, it has an outboard motor on it, and the raft clearly falls upside down into the water, which, in my mind, wouldn't be so great for the motor, but maybe I'm wrong. And then Cody and Murray hold hands to jump out of the Mimi. Awww!
Annie get yer gun
Um, the implausible raft Holding hands to jump Raft attack!

Nick monitors the situation.
Nick monitors

Now that Cody and Murray are on a raft, the bad guys feel compelled to get on a raft, too. Has no one learned their lesson from before, that rifles and rafts don't mix? So now we have raft vs. raft.
The bad dudes get a raft, too! Cody/Murray rafting with rifles

Mimi!! It's damned impressive how close the pilot gets to the guys on the beach. I mean damned impressive.
MIMI

Murray, Badass Gun for Hire. Murray catches two of the Bad Dudes and holds them on the beach. Good job, Murray!!
Murray, badass

guh. I know that this is a really weird thing to guh over, but I just can't help myself.
omg guh.

Cody pins down CBD and NBD behind some broken concrete. I will not mention how weird it is that they got this far. When they were rafting onto the beach, both rafts were right next to each other, and they all should have been blown to smithereens quite easily. Um. I guess I did mention how weird it was. Sorry.
Cody pins them down

This could be his stunt double, but I think it's the real thing. Notice how close Nick's left leg/Cody's right leg are.
Diving posterior

Cody rushes CBD and NBD while Nick covers him. Um. And closes his eyes as he shoots, as always. And here is a shot of Cody winding up to kick, which takes out NBD. I mean, it has to, with the power of that thigh behind it.
Nick closing his eyes as he shoots, as usual Cody kicking

Nick isn't doing so well against CBD. I had a cap of CBD elbowing Nick in the head, but it looked like it might be a stunt double. Anyway, CBD is going to shoot Nick, so Cody pulls out his book shuriken and knocks the gun out of CBD's hand.
Cody and his book shuriken

Then Nick punches CBD.
Nick punches the bad dude!
Nick is satisfied

The boys touch.
Touchy boys

Cody does not stop touching Nick as he bends down to pick up his discarded book. lol. What is it with these weird belts?
Cody can't stop touching

Hot, hot, hot. Sorry they're blurry.
Hot boys

The boys

The boys are touching!  squee.

Back at Straightaway's. Another nice walking moment. I love watching them walk. Though Cody always seems to walk just a bit strangely. Like he doesn't want his thighs to touch.
Walking boys

Note that their hands are touching.
Touching, as always

Murray is listening intently. Turns out the girl is buying dinner. Um. I would think she would do a little more than buy them dinner, considering.
Murray

Max stops by and the guys ask for the usual, which she says is "three Molotov cocktails," lol. And then the Contessans stop by as well, mentioning that they're meeting their dates. Nick and Cody stand up when they approach the table, aw. Anyway, the Contessans are dating volleyball coaches. hee!
Max talks to them The Contessans stop by

Cody is hot! There's some bit about the plot, that Nerble stole money from Atkins and Atkins found out and that's why Nerble hired CBD, but none of us care.
Cody is hot

Nick is way hot. Who cares about the silly joke that they end on. Hot hot hot.
Nick is super guh
Nick is hot

Cody is hot

Nick hot hot hot
Nick is hot Nick is grinning

Murray! Yay for squeeful Murray!
Murray squees!
Murray laughs

For those of you keeping score:
Cody in the grey jeans
Cody in the fitted white short-sleeve button down shirt
Cody in the zip up hoodie and no shirt
Cody in the white pants (briefly)
Nick in a nice blue button down shirt
Nick in a tight black t-shirt and jeans
Boys in disguises (pool men, lab techs, Coast Guard)
MY BOAT
Nick talking about piling a plate with food
Something is solved with a chopper
Murray is the best dressed of all of them
Nick and Cody get wet
Rafts do not mix well with rifles
Character disappears without a mention (Mama Jo)
New character (Max)

(no subject)

Date: 2009-01-14 05:09 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] mcsheplovers.livejournal.com
Kelly Preston looks like she's in High School---so young!
White pants on Cody for the win!
The entire pool guy schtick was hysterical. I bet there were a lot of bloopers from that scene!
Great recap!

Beth

(no subject)

Date: 2009-01-14 10:28 am (UTC)
tinx_r: (bestfriend)
From: [personal profile] tinx_r
Nick: Murray, this is 1984. People don't kill each other over broken love affairs. They get drunk and renew their aerobics classes. Cody: Oh, you sentimental fool.
I love that bit! Also, the very fact that it's 1984 NOW I think negates Murray's earlier statement about them making lots of dosh in '83. Thoughts?

I am also wondering if Cody's left knee is against Nick's right leg. Though I probably don't need to wonder, honestly.
Heh. Of course it is. And yes, the rainbow umbrellas are a little message from Steve. *waves* to Steve!

It looks like they're in fourth grade, passing notes to each other and drawing hearts on them with glitter pens.
Stop it, or I'll have cracky thoughts...

6-28-54
Le sigh, our canon. Srsly, that makes the fourth mention of Cody's age and at least this one agrees with the pilot. the other 2 conpletely contradict them and each other. Anyhow: Cody cant possibly be a '54 child, not if he was in college in 71 as at least a second year and more likely about to graduate. Good going with June 28 though!

(no subject)

Date: 2009-01-16 10:38 am (UTC)
seraphina_snape: Parker from the TV show Leverage. She is wearing a white shirt and is smiling. (Riptide_ Nick (sunglasses))
From: [personal profile] seraphina_snape
I am also wondering if Cody's left knee is against Nick's right leg. Though I probably don't need to wonder, honestly. Also, gotta love the rainbow umbrellas. lol. Another sign?
Like there's any question! Those two don't sit down unless they're touching or at least next to each other. And yay for conveniently placed rainbows.

I adore this cap. It looks like they're in fourth grade, passing notes to each other and drawing hearts on them with glitter pens.
Honestly, everyone in King Harbor must have seen by now that they're in love.

Let me just mention that Murray's suit is great! His tie, his shirt, his suit--they all look great together. I think that he could wear it today. Seriously. Nick & Cody's suits are pretty dated. Cody's tie, especially, is hideous. But Murray looks terrific!
So true.

The boys look totally adorable here. They're so comfortable together--so obviously living in each other's pockets.
*cough*obviouslymarried*cough*

Nick is hot. Murray: You'd better hurry up. Nick: Hurry isn't always in Mimi's vocabulary.
Nick is really hot in this scene.

When Cody is done loading Murray's pistol he hands it to him, and then plants the butt of his rifle firmly in his own crotch. Uh, I winced for him.
Thank God this is a TV show. In the real world, I would not let Cody handle guns.

guh. I know that this is a really weird thing to guh over, but I just can't help myself.
You know what? I'm right there with you. And it's not weird at all.

Cody does not stop touching Nick as he bends down to pick up his discarded book. lol. What is it with these weird belts?
Weird belts indeed. Are they wearing matching weird belts?

Murray! Yay for squeeful Murray!
Yay! I ♥ squeeful Murray. Adorable!

~ sera

(no subject)

Date: 2009-12-27 08:39 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] milomaus.livejournal.com
Cody does not stop touching Nick as he bends down to pick up his discarded book.
Duh...I didn´t notice while watching! Thanks for pointing it out!! I could "hardly" wait to finish the ep, so I could read your caps....!

I love them!

Profile

pier56: (Default)
Riptide - Slash it any way you like it

May 2021

S M T W T F S
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16 171819 202122
232425 26272829
3031     

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags